Hair growth products are becoming increasingly popular. In addition to genetic hair loss, work pressure, environmental stress, daily cleansing product irritation, and slow metabolism are causing hair loss to become more common. Regardless of gender (men or women), when metabolism slows down, hair becomes sparse, and hair loss can be seen gradually during washing. Can it be remedied? There are a wide variety of hair growth products on the market. As an international aromatherapist, there are 5 common features of hair growth products that are worth recommending:
1. Natural – Hair growth products generally activate hair follicles, stimulate new metabolism in the scalp and hair follicles, allowing new hair to grow in the follicles or existing hair to become stronger. During the active growth phase of hair follicles, hair can generally grow 0.5 to 1.5 cm per month. Hair growth products bring nutrients to the blood vessels under the scalp, which transport nutrients to the hair follicles, helping to activate blood circulation or promote hair follicle growth and reconstruction. When it comes to these nutrients, everyone naturally wants natural ingredients to enter their bodies, rather than chemically synthesized substances. If given the choice, people would choose natural meat or vegetables instead of canned or preserved foods that are artificially synthesized. Ultimately, what the body does not need will be metabolized and excreted. However, when the body’s metabolism slows down, these metabolites can accumulate and affect health.
2. Plant extract – Plants have miraculous properties such as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral effects, which are widely recognized in the literature on plant research. Of course, the characteristics of each type of plant are different, and professional help is needed when selecting them. In nature, if you pay attention to some wild plants, especially in harsh and humid swamp environments, these plants survive by fighting against (or coexisting with) insects and animals every day. Their own protective ability is the anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties of these plants. For example, a plant “Vetiver” originates from a humid, swampy area, is not well-known to most people, but it has a scent that promotes lymphatic circulation and makes people feel calm and at ease. It is truly amazing how nature works. The ancients had long understood how to use plant extracts to treat various ailments of the body or skin. Natural hair growth products focus on certain plants that can activate hair follicles and improve blood circulation, such as rosemary. These plants are refined and distilled to form plant extracts that the human body can absorb.
3. Water-soluble – The scalp is covered with densely packed hair, and generally, hair growth products need to stay on the surface of the scalp to be absorbed by the scalp’s subcutaneous tissue and blood vessels, and then carry nutrients into the hair follicles. Hair growth products can be water-soluble or oil-soluble. Due to the characteristics of the scalp surface, and in humid weather, oil-based ingredients are more likely to clog hair follicles, leading to inflammation or the formation of pimples. Oil and dandruff are also favorite foods for microorganisms. When hair growth products need to stay on the surface of the scalp, it is best to choose water-soluble and refreshing products.
4. No preservatives or alcohol – Hair growth products need to stay on the surface of the scalp to be slowly absorbed. The longer the product is in contact with the scalp, the more likely the skin is to come into contact with preservatives, such as parabens, which can cause irritation and skin sensitivity. Some people may also experience respiratory problems. In addition, alcohol can dry out the surface of the skin, causing it to lack moisture and easily develop wrinkles. When the scalp lacks moisture, it is prone to over-secreting oil, clogging hair follicles, and causing inflammation and pimples. In fact, the role of preservatives in daily cleaning and skincare products is to prevent the growth of bacteria. If the product itself has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, preservatives or alcohol can be avoided. Only proper storage methods, such as storing in light-shielded brown glass bottles, sealing, and avoiding storage in damp and high-temperature places, are needed. Once opened, the product should be used promptly or within 3-6 months.
5. Slightly acidic (non-irritating to the skin) – Healthy skin is slightly acidic with a pH generally around 4.7, below 5. The skin is the body’s natural barrier, and with its slightly acidic pH, it secretes and moisturizes the skin, maintaining proper moisture and blocking bacteria or harmful substances from harming the body. Consistency in maintaining the balance of all organs in the body, including the skin, is essential for maintaining overall health. We must pay attention to daily cleaning and skincare products whether they are slightly acidic to match the balance of the skin itself. The pH value ranges from 1 to 14, with 1 representing extreme acidity and 14 representing extreme alkalinity. Many people like soap, chemical cleaners, natural soap, or artificial soap, which have a pH of 7-10. Besides cleaning, these alkaline substances also disrupt the natural balance of the skin’s natural barrier, making it lose its original antibacterial properties, difficult to block harmful substances, and irritating the skin. The skin loses its original slightly acidic moisturizing effect, making it dry and prone to excessive oil secretion. When choosing natural hair growth products, it is best to choose a slightly acidic product that matches the skin’s characteristics.
Lanuwa Natural Hair Growth Essence (No.5) is a natural plant extract of rosemary verbenone, with a slightly acidic pH of 4.5, without preservatives or alcohol. It is a natural vegan organic product certified by Agriculture France, and suitable for all scalp types. It is refreshing and non-greasy, activating fragile hair follicles, strengthening hair roots, and promoting hair growth.